We’ve been eating a lot of soup lately. But not tonight!
It totally tasted like Chinese food. 百胜!
Emeril’s Beef and Broccoli (Emeril Green)
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp orange blossom honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp peanut oil, divided
- 2 pounds, beef flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tsp grated ginger
- 2 large heads broccoli, cut into florets and blanched
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Steamed brown rice, for serving
- Combine the oyster sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil. Mix well and set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat a wok or a large skillet. Once it has reached a medium heat, add the peanut oil.
- Dredge the beef in the cornstarch, lightly shake off any excess cornstarch and add the beef to the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli and cilantro to the pan and shake frequently. Add the sauce and stir to evenly coat the beef and broccoli. Cook until the sauce thickens and broccoli is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately with steamed brown rice.