Chopped Vegetable Salad with Creamy Oregano Dressing from the Bistro Laurent Tourondel cookbook. BLT Steak is one of our favorite restaurants. So is BLT Burger. We were psyched to spot LT himself on our last trip to Vegas. The man can cook meat, but it turns out, he’s quite the salad champ as well!
We went a little crazy with this. Mainly followed the recipe, which doesn’t seem to be available online.
Chopped Vegetable Salad with Creamy Oregano Dressing (Laurent Tourondel)
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mayonnaise, and mustard. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive and grapeseed oils until smooth and well blended. Stir in the oregano and salt and pepper.
And see… we went bonkers!
- Romaine lettuce (chopped)
- Radicchio (chopped)
- Cucumber (diced)
- Grape tomatoes (halved)
- Radishes (thinly sliced)
- Sweet mini bell peppers (chopped)
- Sugar snap peas (chopped)
- Scallions (thinly sliced)
- Kalamata olives (chopped)
- Hearts of palm (chopped)
- Pepperoncini (sliced)
- Corn (I used frozen corn and sauteed it briefly in a little olive oil, salt, and pepper)
- Fresh mozzarella (BLT calls for feta cubes)
- (BLT also calls for frisee, which I don’t believe in, and red onion, which we skipped.)
- Toss with snipped chives, more dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
Good call: the recipe says to toss the lettuces in 2/3 of the dressing, add the rest of the stuff, then finish off the dressing.